Saturday, July 7, 2012

Amazingly Moist Chocolate Cake Recipe

The MOST amazing, moist chocolate cake ever!

I'm going to be posting some recipes over the next several days based off of chocolate cake. I figured I'd start with the chocolate cake recipe that I use for all of them. It was passed down from my grandmother to my mother to me. It makes the most amazing moist chocolate cake you'll ever eat. I always get a ton of complements when I make this cake, all thanks to Grandma Haupt. :) Cake recipe shown with Cocoa The Teddybear Fluffyfriend.


Ingredients
3 Cups Flour
2 Cups Sugar
2 Teaspoons Soda
1 Teaspoon Salt
6 Tablespoons Cocoa Powder (Dark cocoa powder is AMAZING with this!)
1 Tablespoon Vanilla (Mexican vanilla is the best for this as well.)
2 Tablespoons Vinegar (yes, vinegar.)
2/3 Cup Vegetable Oil
2 Cups Cold Water

Preheat:
Preheat the oven 350 degrees.

Mix
Put dry ingredients in bowl and mix. 



Add wet ingredients and mix.

 
Do not grease pan- the cake is so amazingly moist, you won't need to. Place in Oven.

Cook for 20-25 minutes and check if it’s done, though usually it takes 30-35 minutes. (I like my cake a little less done than most.)




The possibilities and variations are incredible. I've made it with a raspberry, Cookie Dough, Salted Lime, Strawberry, Caramel Cookie, Cocoa Leches, Brownie-Batter Stuffed and Salty-Sweet variations.  

Try More Tasty Recipes
Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment