Snowy makes extremely flavorful, crispy, fried chicken. (Yes, owls eat chicken- google it ;))
* Marinade (your choice- BBQ, Korean BBQ, Italian dressing, ranch, steak sauce- pretty much anything you have available in your fridge at the time.)
* 2 Eggs
* Pepper (any other spices you may like too- garlic powder, curry powder, chilli powder, ect.)
* Breading or French Fried Onions (Chips work too- crush some Fritos, Doritos, or tortilla chips.)
* Freeze dried chives
Preparing Chicken:1. Cut off fat- save for soup! Cheap Tasty Soup Base
2. Leave chicken as is or cut into strips or nuggets- whatever you like. Snowy likes the strips best because you can eat them with your hands and don't have to worry about the breading falling off as you cut the chicken.)
3. Place chicken in marinade.
4. Let it marinade overnight.
1. Pour a thin layer of oil in a pan (Snowy uses canola- but vegetable or olive will work too.)
2. Break 2 eggs in a bowl. Add a little bit of the marinade to the eggs and mix it together.
3. Pour flower, salt, pepper, and powders in another bowl and mix.
4. Pour bread crumbs/French fried onions/chips in another bowl with freeze dried chives. This time Snowy did half with bread crumbs and half with French fried onions. Delicious!
5. Dip chicken in egg mixture. Wipe off excess egg.
6. Dip chicken in flour mixture.
7. Dip chicken in egg mixture again. Wipe off excess egg.
8. Dip chicken in bread crumb mixture.
9. Let the chicken sit for 5-10 minutes. This lets the bread crumbs settle and stay on the chicken better. Snowy takes this time to clean the bowls (keep the marinade) and any spills so there aren't as many germs around!
10. Turn on the stove to get the oil hot. Place a bread crumb in the oil to check if its ready for the chicken. The breading will turn brown and bubble in the oil.
11. Place chicken in the oil.
12. While chicken is frying boil the marinade in a pot. 5 minutes of a rolling boil should kill all the germs- but Snowy boils it for 10, just in case. The marinade now becomes a dipping sauce!
14. Once chicken is finished cooking place it on a plate lined with paper towels. Put a paper towel over the chicken. This will help get rid of some of the extra grease.
15. Now eat! Yuuuuuummy! It's a delicious, satisfying meal!
Extra ideas: Fluffiefriends and Tutubuddies don't like to waste- especially food! So to save some $ and help reduce waste, here's some things they do.
You can also use both the unused grease to make some fried rice! You can also use the extra marinade to flavor the fried rice! There probably won't be any eggs left, but if there is, that also goes into the fried rice. :)
See more Yummy Flavorful Recipes