Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Bonny Butter Cake Recipe- Best Vanilla Cake

This Bonny Butter Cake was rainbow for a party.

This is a recipe for Bonny Butter cake- my favorite vanilla cake. It's utterly delicious- it's a fairly heavy cake that isn't too sweet and is very hearty and delicious. My mother would make it for me every-other birthday (I could never decide if Bonny Butter or my Grandmother's Chocolate Cake was my favorite.)

Ingredients You Will Need:

2 3/4 Cups Flour
1 3/4 Cups Sugar
2 1/2 Teaspoons Baking Powder
1 Teaspoon Salt
2/3 Butter
2 Eggs
1 1/2 Teaspoons Vanilla Extract (Mexican Vanialla is best)
1 1/4 Cups Milk


Directions:
Preheat Oven To 350 Degrees

Soften 2/3 cups butter. Cream butter and sugar together . Add 2 eggs, 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract, 1 teaspoon salt, and 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder. Mix together. Slowly add 2 3/4 cups flour. Slowly add 1 1/4 cups milk. Mix thoroughly. Set in to bake. Bake for about 40 minutes then check. It often takes 45-55 minutes though.
Now eat- Yum!

Bonny Butter Cake is great for Double Rainbow Cake or Double Blueberry Cupcakes.
See more Delicious Deserts
Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment