Friday, November 23, 2012

Double Rainbow Cake




I've been seeing a lot of this Rainbow Cake on Pinterest and decided to give it a try! But I decided to add a bit of a twist and make it a Double Rainbow Cake. It really wasn't hard at all. First I made a batch of Bonny Butter Cake (Yumyum!) Then I split it into different containers and added food coloring.
Colored cake batter.

Then pour it into a greased pan.
Pour colored cake batter into pan.

Gently add more color.


Super rainbow cake batter.

Once it's done cooking take it out and let it cool. Once it's cool add icing.

Baked rainbow cake.

I decided to try one of those cool flavored icings I keep seeing in the store- strawberry shortcake- yum! :D
Strawberry shortcake icing- yum!

Then place drops of food coloring on top of icing.
Food coloring drops on icing makes rainbow swirls!

Swirl the color into the icing a little with the flat of a butter knife.
Swirl food coloring with flat of butter knife.

Rainbow swirls in cake frosting.

You can swirl the colors further if you like.
Beautiful rainbow.


Rainbow iced cake.

I couldn't resist adding rainbow sprinkles too!
It's starting to even look like a triple rainbow!

Rainbow sprinkles on rainbow icing on rainbow cake.

I also decided to try to make Floating Balloons (also from Pinterest.) That, as you can see, does not actually work...
Vinegar and baking soda in empty sodapop bottle.

It inflates the balloon.

But the balloon doesn't float...
 At least the cake was a huge hit! :)









Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment