Friday, November 2, 2012

Home-Made Cough Syrups/Flavored Honey Recipe


On Pinterest I found a Recipe For Honey Cough Syrups . It sounded really cool, so I decided to try it out! I'm so glad I did! I'm very, very, very sensitive to medication and avoid taking it whenever possible, so this is perfect for me.

For my first try I did thin slices of fresh lemon- about 1/4 of the lemon, about 1 tablespoon of fresh ginger root, and 6 crushed mint leaves. I put it in a glass jar with about 2 cups of honey. (Sorry it's not exact.) A couple days later I tasted it. Wow! It's amazing! So delicious! It'll be fantastic for cold and flu season!




I loved it so much I decided to make another batch with orange instead of lemon- another hit! (It's going to be a gift for a family member who loves honey and gets sick when she travels.)






I decided to try one more batch for those times when your sinuses are clogged and your throat hurts. I made a batch with about 2 tablespoons of hot chili peppers crushed and 2 cups of honey. That will do the trick!







The thing is that these taste so good that they don't have to only be used for cold and flue season- it is delicious in tea and spread on bread or anywhere you enjoy honey! (I'm thinking some honey, lemon, mint, ginger cupcakes would be unique and delicious!)  We have some dried roses from Jungle Jim's- I'm thinking Rose honey would be fantastic!

Try More Yummy Recipes!
Or More Home Comforts
Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment