Thursday, December 13, 2012

Sparkling Punch Recipe


This is a super delicious punch recipe that I love. My mother made it every birthday and I looked forward to it nearly as much as the cake. It's so simple and delicious and different ways you can make it. Every time I serve it people drink A LOT of it!

Ingredients You Will Need:


Sherbert
Soda
Juice
(Recently someone mentioned that this might go well with gin, vodka, or tequila. I personally like it the way it is- but if you're looking for something a little more adult, that may go well.) 

Yep- that simple. Here are some ideas for combinations:

Orange juice, lemon-lime sodapop, and lime sherbert- my childhood favorite

Passionfruit juice (now available in your local market), lemon-lime sodapop, and lime sherbert- a new twist on my old favorite that I served for my last birthday party and went fantastically.

Orange juice, lemon-lime sodapop, and rainbow sherbert- great for a Rainbow Birthday Party!

Lime juice, orange sodapop, and raspberry sherbert- it's tangy and red- great for Halloween- each of my guests had 3 glasses at our last Halloween party.  (It's also the one in the pictures.)

Directions:


Usually you make this in a bowl for a lot of people. The pictures are of a glass because it's so good I like to treat myself to it sometimes. :)

Fill bowl 1/3 full of soda.

Fill 1/3 with juice.

Top off by filling up the last 1/3 with sherbert. (If you put the sherbert in and then the soda it will foam like crazy.)

Let it sit for a couple of minutes so the sherbert melts slightly- flavoring the punch and so it looks like colorful little clouds floating in the sparkling punch. It's so delicious! Enjoy!


Try more Delightful Drinks!
Pin It Now!

1 comment: