Italy is a beautiful country to visit. In the north are gorgeous mountains called the Dolomites (Dolomiti.) Nestled in the Dolomiti is a beautiful lake with a small village on it's fringes called Misurina.
|Reflection of Dolomites in Misurina, Italy.|
(1) It is a gorgeous place to stay and visit. You can walk around the lake. It's especially beautiful during sunrise and sunset.
|Sunrise and moon over the Dolomite mountains in Italy.|
|Sunset painting the Dolomite mountains pink and purple in Italy.|
(2) Or take a boat on the lake!
(3) There are some lovely hiking trails with amazing views.
|Little church in the Dolomite Mountains in Italy.|
(4) You can even see some of the local cows and goats while you hike.
(5) Experience a bit of history by exploring old trenches from WWII.
|World War 2 trenches in the Dolomite Mountains in Italy.|
(6) In town, make sure you eat at Edelweiss- an amazing restaurant with some of the best food I've ever had. It is such a rustic Italian place that when the owner saw I wasn't eating spaghetti the right way she took my fork and spoon and showed me- all while shouting Italian. (A great story and now I finally know how to eat spaghetti!)
(7) Make sure you have some gelato in town- a very flavorful Italian ice cream.
(8) Take a trip out of town to see Tre Cime (Three Sisters)- beautiful mountain formations. You can hike around them- the views are fantastic! Or you can rock climb up them!
|Tre Cime (Three Sisters) in Italy.|
(9) The views of the other mountains on the hike are also amazing.
|Go up a gondola to get a better view!|
(10) It's a great place to spend the week and is even close enough to Venice (Venecia) for a gorgeous day trip.
|Bridge over canal in Venice.|
More Places to Explore!