Thursday, March 14, 2013

Fluoride to Heal Burns

A while ago, when I was making Chili, I managed to burn my hand pretty badly when reaching over my water-boiling pot to put the habañeroes in. (Well, I wanted it hot....) It was really painful and took off 5 layers of skin. (I know it seems obvious, seeing the temperature of boiling water, but I was really surprised.)
OWWWW!!!

My doctor noticed it on a visit and told me to apply fluoride toothpaste to the burn- that it would heal it, and from now on, when I get a burn, I should apply toothpaste. I remember, however, that a gel is not a good idea on a burn because it traps the heat on the skin. (I always, ALWAYS, double-check anything a doctor, dentist, optometrist, ect., says since it varies person-to-person, sometimes the doctor is wrong (I'm literally still alive due to the fact that my family and I follow the Mark Twain quote, " Be careful about reading health books. You may die of a misprint."))  So I decided to try fluoride mouth wash.

My goodness, it was amazing! The NEXT day I saw the marks disappearing.
Much better!

I was certain for sure that I'd have a permanent scar on my hand, but it was gone! I highly recommend it! You can use it right after the burn (with cold compress, of course,) and until the burn is completely healed.

*I'm obligated to put a note that I'm not a doctor, ect, ect, ect, this is a home remedy that has worked for me, and I hope it works for you. Though really, if the burn is really bad, go to a doctor!

Make Your Home More Comfortable Too!
Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment