Monday, March 18, 2013

Flu Fighter




 
I know I've technically done this post before, but I would like to do it again, with a different emphasis. If you are like me and can't get the flu shot for one reason or another this may* help. Back in the fall, I used a Pinterest post and made some Home Made Cough Syrup. Oh my goodness, it was sooooo hard to leave for emergencies! The honey tastes amazing and you just want to eat it all day or put it in your tea. I managed to let it sit for a month or two before I did really need it.

As a teacher in an urban school, it is very easy to get sick, heck, as a teacher in general! I caught the flu every year for the past 4 years. (2010 and 2012 hit the hardest though- couldn't leave bed for 4 days in 2010 then on the 5th day could only sit on the couch. 2012 I was stuck for 3 days and technically should have gone to the ER, didn't have a way to get there besides ambulance, which is costly when you're graduate student. A fellow student-teacher who got as sick as I did, did get to the ER.)

I can't get the flu shot because I'm äußerst sensitive to medication and my family has an extremely strong history of getting sick from the flu vaccine. So I avoid it like the plague. At the same time, I can't get sick and abandon my students. Every time I felt the slightest illness coming on I immediately drank 2-3 cups of tea with 1-2 tablespoon fulls of the Home Made Cough Syrup. I did NOT get the dreaded flu this year! Breaking my streak! The moment I felt like I was coming down with the flu I took the honey and I never got it! I cannot tell you how thrilled I am. Hope you have a healthy year too! :)







*As always, I'm not a doctor, so take everything in this post with a grain of salt, heck, I also take everything my doctor says with a grain of salt. This is something I've personally tried and found to work, however, everyone's body is different and you might not have the same results. I'm just so thrilled that it did work for me I thought I'd share in case it could help anyone out there too! :)

Try More Home Comforts
Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment