Monday, June 17, 2013

Campfire Roast Apple Recipe


Sorry I've been MIA for a while- I was really sick off and on for two months, but almost immediately afterwards I got to go camping with a good friend of mine- so prepare for a lot of camping posts the next couple days! ;) It was a lot of fun, but I'm thrilled to be back home with my hubby and "babies."

Today is a simple one- campfire roasted apples. Ever since I read about roast apples in C.S. Lewis's Narnia series I've been curious to try it (15 years ago...) Horah- now I have! And I must say, delicious! Amazing! It is now one of my favorites! It's so delicious and easy too! Oh my goodness, you'll be craving this like crazy.

Ingredients You'll Need:


Red Apple
Brown Sugar
Cinnimon
Tin Foil

Directions:


Cut the apple into quarters and remove the center. (I just used the tin foil as the cutting board so there would be less dishes to wash.)

Sprinkle with brown sugar and cinnamon.

Put the quarters back together to form a full apple again. Cover in tin foil.
 Throw into the coals. Leave in the coals for 20-30 minutes. 
Check the apple- it should be a little gooshy. Enjoy a hot, delicious apple! It really is amazing! My friend and I craved it soooooo much afterwards- we were so sad we only brought two red apples.
 
More Amazing Recipes
Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment