Monday, June 24, 2013

Tin Foil Dinner Campfire Recipe

Mmmm- steamy and delicious!

Like I mentioned in the Campfire Kabob recipe- I marinated the steak in vinegar to help keep the meat safe, like my husband's grandfather used to do when camping in Russia. Tinfoil dinners on the campfire are always delicious and satisfying.

Ingredients You'll Need:

Beef
Green Onions
Cloves of Garlic
Pot Roast Seasonings (or your own)
Vinegar
Potatoes
Carrots
Peas

Directions:

Cube meat. Toss in an old plastic container. Add pot roast seasonings (normally I'd make my own seasonings, but like I said, I was still recovering from an illness and had a lot to prepare for camping outside the country!) Put lid on container and shake vigorously so the spices stick to to the meat (cold, vinegar, and spices help fight off bacteria that like meat.) 
Place cloves of garlic and cut green onions into container. 
You can add other ingredients you'd like in the tin foil dinner, but I think it's better to leave them out. Pour vinegar over meat. (I reused the vinegar that I washed my fruit with to Keep Berries Fresh (yay reusing things! :))) 
Dinner for two!
Place container in freezer so it'll keep cold longer and act as a huge ice cube for everything else too! When ready to make the meal drain the vinegar. Place meat, garlic, and onions in tin foil. Add potatoes, carrots, and peas (and bacon!) 

Wrap up and throw it in the fire! 

Leave it in the coals for 30 minutes then, if not finished, check every 5 or 10 minutes. Enjoy the meaty, hearty deliciousness!


Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment