Thursday, July 4, 2013

Red White and Blue Surprise Cupcakes



Very excited for a 4th of July party today (including fireworks!) First thing I did when I got the invitation was to look through my Pinterest for what I wanted to bake for it. I decided on these Key Lime Cheesecake Cupcakes! But the penguin family, Paul, Princess, and Peter the Penguins wanted to make them patriotic cupcakes! It makes the cupcakes very surprising! You expect blue or red to be with white or velvet cake, so the strong taste of citrus is a charming surprise. Plus the little piece of strawberry cheesecake is another surprise sure to delight! Follow the Directions on the website, but get strawberry cheesecake instead of plain, add red food coloring to the icing and blue food dye to the cake batter. Share and enjoy!

Edit: Everyone loved the cupcakes last night! Suddenly I heard, "Oh! Oh wow! They're stuffed!" I turned and a woman was holding one of my cupcakes for others to see, "This is delicious!" Suddenly everyone wanted one! They disappeared quickly as people grabbed them to enjoy. What a hit!
Try More Tasty Desserts!
Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment