Thursday, August 8, 2013

Double Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Ice Cream Recipe



I love ice cream. A good friend knew this and gave us a delightful ice cream maker for our wedding, which my husband and I used until it broke. :( Then for my birthday my amazing husband got me a new one! Joy! I love cookie dough ice cream- there's only one problem- the annoying vanilla ice cream between the delightful chunks of chocolate chip cookie dough! So, with the help of Willie The Turtle Fluffiefriend, I created double chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream! This is cookie dough flavored ice cream with gobs of chocolate chip cookie dough! Yuuuum!

Ingredients You'll Need

1 Pack of Precut Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough (you can make it at home too, but this is easier.)
2 Cups Heavy Whipping Cream
1 Cup Whole Milk
1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract

Directions

Cut off 1/3 of the chocolate chip cookie dough. Roll into balls and place in freezer. (Leaving it overnight is best.)
Take the other 2/3 of the cookie dough out until it is at room temperature and very soft.

Mix the 2 cups heavy whipping cream, 1 cup whole milk, 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, and the 2/3 softened cookie dough until everything is mixed smoothly.
Place in your ice cream mixer and mix.
When the ice cream is solid enough to keep its shape, but not too hard yet, add the pieces of frozen cookie dough in.
I like to place the finished ice cream in the freezer to harden it further, but you can enjoy it right then too. It is so delicious! Every cookie dough lovers' dream! It also makes a fantastic milk shake!



Try More Delicious Desserts!
Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment