Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Pinterest Pick-Nick- Mississippi and Melting Potatoes


So on Pinterest I found two interesting recipes that I wanted to try out. It ended up being delicious! I surprised my husband by picking him up at work, driving to one of our favorite Five Rivers Metroparks and had a delightful pick-nick!

Oven Roasted Potatoes 


Oven Roasted Potatoes is by My Adventures In The Country. I decided to try this recipe because it had two of my favorite ingredients- potatoes and bacon! I used extra thick bacon because it's delicious and I left out the cheese since I'm allergic to most cheeses (all of my recipes that include cheese (except Lasagna!) I make a non-cheese version for myself.) It really was delicious. I did change some things though- instead of using the olive oil, like suggested, I just used all the bacon grease to grease the pan and I left the skin on- the skin is the healthiest part of the potato and I think it's delicious. I used scissors to cut the bacon instead of a knife and it went well. I think the hardest part of this recipe is to not eat the bacon while the potatoes are cooking! It was soooo good! It's one of our favorites now. It was fantastic to dip in sour cream with chives- yum! I think I would like to try it with russet potatoes rather than yukon golds to get a more hearty flavor (since yukons are so buttery and slightly sweet.)

Mississippi Roast

Mississippi Roast is by A Perfectly Lovely Ordinary Day. Oh my, this was delicious! I'll admit, I just realized, right now, that when I made it I completely forgot to add the butter! It was still so good though! We luckily had some hot peppers a friend grew in his yard and gave us, so it had a delightful kick. Smelling it cooking all day long was torture! I would add just a little bit of black pepper next time, but this really was amazing. Plus it's mind-boggling easy! Always a plus. :)

See More Pinterest Recipe Reviews! (scroll to the very bottom)
Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment