Friday, August 2, 2013

Stave Off Swimmers' Ear

Simple way to make swimmers' ear go away.

My husband and I spent a lovely day at the pool, but a little bit of water decided to stay in my ear. Luckily, when I was little my dad came up with a very clever way to prevent and cure it. (My sister and I were fish so we needed it!) I tell this home remedy to all my friends and they're always floored- they've never heard of it before.

It's very easy- all you need is rubbing alcohol and an eye-dropper or cotton ball or tissue or anything really. After swimming soak a cotton ball in rubbing alcohol. Drip it into your ear. Keep your head tilted to the side with the cotton ball in for 5-10 minutes. If you already have swimmer's ear, no worries! Do the same thing. It'll clear it right up. Even when I have any kind of ear ache- even if it's not from swimming I do this and it clears right up!

*Note, I'm not a real doctor, so, as always I need to write a warning saying that if you have any medical issues you need to consult a physician. I just don't and do this instead. 

Find more ways to make your Home More Comfortable.
Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment