Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Fondue for Four




So we decided to do something a little fun and different this year to celebrate New Years. Since my husband's Christmas present is a nice dinner and dessert at the Melting Pot, I've had fondue on my mind a bit. So to the Pinterest! I found some really cool ideas- like here where you Melt Chocolate Using A Crock Pot (links Here at The Yummy Life) and a bunch of Pinterest Dessert Fondue Recipes. So I decided to combine them with the help of DarlingThe Duck Fluffyfriend! I added water to the slow cooker to help melt the chocolate melt smoothly and easily and so that when it was unplugged the hot water would keep the chocolate liquid and smooth. Honestly though, I ended up not using any of the recipes I found. I made dark chocolate (I later made a Dark Chocolate Fondue Recipe,) turtle, and Toblerone. (Sorry, I didn't measure or anything, but it's pretty easy to go by feel for this.)

For dark chocolate I used special dark chocolate bars left over from our Christmas fireplace s'mores, heavy whipping cream, and special dark cocoa powder. 
For turtle I just used the chocolate chips left over from the Snickers Cake, caramel, heavy whipping cream, and roasted cashews.
For the Toblerone I used almond-toffee chocolate, heavy whipping cream, almond extract, and honey.
You just put them all in glasses, turn the slow cooker on high, stir every 10 minutes and once it's finished put it on the warming setting.

They were amazing! We served it with cheesecake, Oreos, marshmallows, graham crackers (to make fondue s'mores with the marshmallows!), strawberries, and mandarin oranges.

Oh my goodness, it was amazing! The variety was a lot of fun and everything turned out delicious! We're definitely going to do it again for Valentine's Day (maybe with some raspberries!) The only thing you have to watch out for is that when you've eaten a good deal of the fondue the jars begin to float in the water- so just keep an eye out for it and take the jar out of the water.
Have leftover fondue? No worries! Check out my 7 Things To Do With Leftover Fondue

More Delightful Desserts!
Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment