Thursday, January 2, 2014

Snickers Cake



Sorry everyone for not being on top of the blog lately. Sadly I've been pretty ill- making it difficult to cook, knit, and keeping on top of anything. :P I must admit, when I first started blogging I had no idea I'd get so many views... so thanks for checking it out, I hope you've enjoyed some of the ideas!

Anyway- on to the cake! :) Normally I make my husband my grandmother's Amazingly Moist Chocolate Cake with raspberry syrup and hot fudge for icing, but one night as I was falling asleep I came up with the idea for this Snickers Cake. A moist, almond honey cake topped with gooey caramel studded with roasted peanuts all wrapped in a smooth chocolate coating. We tried it out and it was amazing! I found it was very rich and could only eat small slices (though very delicious,) but my husband and everyone else adored it! It would be fantastic for kids' birthdays or anyone who loves Snickers. Barry The Teddy Bear Fluffyfriend helped make it.

Ingredients You'll Need:

The Cake:

The directions listed in this Russian Honey Cake (медовый торт)
1 Tablespoon Almond Extract

The Chocolate:

2 Bags Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips

Cake Topping:

1/2 Glass Peanuts
1 Can Sweetened Condensed Milk
1 Teaspoon Sea Salt
2 Snickers

Directions:

Begin with the caramel. My mother-in-law taught me this cool thing where you place a can of condensed milk in a pot full of water- it must cover the top of the can at all times! Bring the water to a boil then bring the temperature down to simmer.
Let simmer for 2-4 hours. Again- make sure it is covered with water at all times! Or it could explode. When you are done let the can out to cool. When the can is cool open it carefully and away from your face. Bake the Honey Cake from Easily Good Eats and make sure you follow the directions- they're different from any other cake I've ever made. Add 1 tablespoon of almond extract to the egg-sugar mixture. (The almond-honey flavor follows the flavor of the nougat very well.) The batter smells amazing! Bake it.
Pour the peanuts  and 1 teaspoon sea salt into a pan and roast them on high heat, stirring often.
When they're roasted remove from heat. Cool the cake. Cut the snickers into small chunks.

When the caramel is finished, pour it over the peanuts and stir.
Once the peanut-caramel mixture is cool add the chunks of Snickers.

Pour peanut caramel mixture over the cake.


Melt the chocolate on the lowest heat, adding the chocolate chips slowly.

Spread the melted chocolate over the cake. Let cool. When you cut the cake you will need extremely sharp knives. If it's still tough to cut, put the knife in boiling water and then dry it thoroughly before cutting the cake- it'll melt the chocolate slightly while cutting. My cake wasn't terribly pretty, but it was delicious! (No snickering at the cake please ;)) I'm sure many other people would be able to make it much prettier, but honestly it's the delicious flavors! It's so satisfying with the delicious honey-almond cake, the satisfying peanut-caramel ooey gooey topping and the rick chocolate coating.




Try More Delicious Desserts!
Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment