Monday, February 10, 2014

Beef Pot Roast Recipe


Beef pot roast is perfect for cold weather- it's meaty, rich with veggies, thick and deliciously warm. Not to mention it's pretty easy to make for all the flavor in it!

I haven't been doing a bunch of my regular recipes because I think they're overly simplistic. However, some of my simplistic recipes are actually very popular- especially my Tin Foil Dinner. So I'll post my beef pot roast recipe- hope you enjoy!

Ingredients You'll Need:

A Large Slab of Beef
1/2 Red Onion or 2 Chives
2 Cloves Garlic
1 Carrot
1 1/2 Cup Green Beans 
3 Small Potatoes
1/3 Box White Mushrooms
Some Flour
Salt
Pepper
Olive Oil
Liquid Smoke
2 Slabs Thick Bacon
Other spices that go well in the pot roast are rosemary, sage, thyme, or jalapeƱos

Directions:

Mix flour, pepper, and salt in a bowl.

Cube the beef. Place beef cubes in flour/salt/pepper mix and coat each piece then set aside to let the flour set on the cubes. In a large pan put a little olive oil, liquid smoke, and bacon and set on medium-high. While waiting for the pan to get hot you can begin cubing the onion, garlic, carrot and potatoes and chop green beans and mushrooms. Once the pan is hot take out the bacon and toss in the cubes of floured beef.
 You don't want to cook the cubes all the way through- just brown the outsides (this is called searing.) Place beef, onion, garlic, potatoes, and bacon into a slow cooker.

I like to add a couple slices of mushroom to add to the flavor. (The day I made this I actually added a couple sliced of jalapeƱo to help warm us up!)  Set on a low setting and let simmer for 8-10 hours. (You can also do this in the oven, wrapped up in tin foil.) When you have about a half hour left of cooking time throw in the green beans, carrots, and the rest of the mushrooms.
Serve and enjoy! It goes really well with some Homemade Garlic Bread.

More Recipes
Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment