Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Hungarian Casserole Recipe




Back when I was student teaching we had a pot luck. It was delicious! I brought my Puerco Pibil (which was very well-loved.) One of the other teachers brought this Hungarian casserole dish- it is delicious! She told me how to make it and it is delightful! I have added a little extra spice and and flare to it. I love very flavorful things so I've added extra flavor here as well. Seamore The Seal Fluffiefriend helped out (expect to see a lot of him- many of my other buddies are off at Our Family Soap.)

Ingredients You'll Need:

4 Eggs
1 Polish Kielbasa
2 Small Potatoes
2 Cups Sour Cream
2 Chives
1 Teaspoon Onion Powder
2 Cloves Black Garlic (Regular Garlic also works.)
Pinch of Salt
Garlic Powder, Garlic Salt, Garlic Pepper
1/4 Cup Milk

Directions:

Mix sour cream, milk, chives, onion powder, and salt in a bowl and set aside.

Hard boil the eggs any way you prefer. If you're ever unsure of if they're really done, spin them. A cooked egg spins easier than a raw one since the insides are solid. The raw eggs have liquid insides, meaning it takes more energy to get it to start and stop spinning. Cool, huh? I remembered doing that in elementary school, so I figured I could use it in my cooking. :)

Use the same water to boil the potatoes. Peel the shells off and slice the eggs. (I recommend a really sharp knife and firm hand.) Slice the kielbasa and black garlic. Once the potatoes are cool, slice them as well.

Place slices of potato in the bottom of a slow cooker (you want to use about 1/3 of them.) Put some black garlic in as well (again, about 1/3.) Lightly sprinkle with garlic powder, garlic salt, and garlic pepper.
Put on a layer of kielbasa (again, about 1/3.) Then layer with 1/3 of the sliced hard boiled eggs.
 Pour about 1/3 of the sour cream mixture over the eggs.
 Begin again with the potatoes. You'll make 3 layers. Cook in slow cooker on high for 3-5 hours. Serve and enjoy! It's delicious with the garlic and chive flavor added to the hearty Hungarian meal.



More Delicious Recipes
Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment