Wednesday, April 30, 2014

5 Minute Jam

5 Minute Jam



This super duper duper easy jam just takes 5 minutes and one ingredient. I have been absolutely loving the strawberries this year- they have been amazing! So it's been a great year for me to make this jam. I discovered recently that I love natural peanut butter and have been wanting PB&J's, but we almost never have bread around and rarely have jam. I went out and bought some bread, but still had the jam problem. I looked up a bunch of recipes online, but it seemed to me that jam should be simple. Very simple. I made a low-sugar jam, but had a ton left over. It was a bit frustrating. So I came up with this jam. Seamore The Seal Fluffiefriend helped out.

Ingredients You'll Need:


A handful or two of fruit per serving. That's it. No sugar, no gelatin, nothing. We're going super old-school jam here. Berries are already sweet and full of natural sugars, so we will not be adding any. If you're making it with some more bitter berries, like blackberries then I would recommend adding some blueberries for sweetness. Apples also work for sweetening.

Directions:


Take the berries or other fruits and throw them into the pot on high heat.
Stir like crazy. Don't stop stirring or they'll burn. Keep on heat until the berries are mushy and jam-like. Remove from heat.

You can do this at a much lower heat if you don't want to stir for 5 minutes, but it will take longer and you still have to keep an eye that they don't burn. The jam goes amazing on peanut butter and jelly sandwiches and my husband loves it on buttered toast.

It's so fresh and delicious- it's tasty hot or cold. You can put it on ice cream or eat it by itself. Sometimes I like to just take a small bowl and mix some of this jam with peanut butter and eat it. A great thing about it is that you can really have fun experimenting with various flavors like strawberry kiwi jam- yum! It's so much healthier and better tasting than the jams you get in the store anyway.



Try More Delicious Recipes 
Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment