Thursday, April 24, 2014

Cherry Cordial Cake Recipe

Dark Chocolate Cherry Cordial Cake


I recently realized that I never posted this recipe! I made the chocolate cherry cordial cake for a party we went to on Valentine's Day. It's chocolatey-sweet without being overwhelming. The moist cake is delicious with unsweetened whipped cream, maraschino cherries, and a dark chocolate topping. Knitty The Penguin Fluffiefriend helped out. I will admit that my Oleg and I only had one piece, that we shared. We were full and chocolate overloaded after our Valentine's Day Fondue, but everyone at the party loved it! Oh yes! Why I chose to do cherry cordial!- It was a red and black party, where all the girls wore read and all the men wore black, so I did the cake dark chocolate for the black and the maraschino cherries for the red. It matched the party beautifully! Plus cherry cordials just go with Valentine's Day.

Ingredients You'll Need:

Ingredients For Dark Chocolate Amazingly Moist Cake
Ingredients For 2 Batches Dark Chocolate Fondue
2 Cups Heavy Whipping Cream
1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
Red Maraschino Cherries

Directions:
Bake a Dark Chocolate Amazingly Moist Cake (I decided to do mine in the shape of a heart to go with Valentine's Day.)

Whip the heavy whipping cream with the vanilla extract. Cut the cake in half and put the whipping cream on the bottom half. Litter with maraschino cherry halves.


Place top half of cake back on. Make 2 batches of Dark Chocolate Fondue. Pour the fondue over the cake.

Decorate with maraschino cherries. Serve at the next party! I mean people love, love, loved it!



More Yummy Foods

Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment