Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Vegan Buffalo Bites and Ranch: Pinterest Review



Yummy yummy vegan buffalo bites and ranch- a delicious, vegan way to enjoy a classic snack! It actually does taste amazing!

Believe it or not, my husband and I eat vegan 2-3 days a week since June. I thought he was crazy when he suggested it. I offered to support him, but told him I wouldn't do it myself. To help support I decided to also eat vegan-ish the first week (I added bacon to my salads.) It ended up being far more easy than I thought. We still eat a lot of meat the other days and we still eat out sometimes and even fast food sometimes, but we really have enjoyed this new change, especially since it's gotten rid of a 10-year-long health issue of mine.

Since we specifically look at the raw-foods diet there's little time spent in preparation or doing dishes (I love that!)- which is why you won't see pretty much any of my "vegan recipes" online. What would I write? Step 1: find fruit or veggy that sounds good. Step 2: eat it. (And of course a ton of nuts and legumes.)

The problem with many vegan meals is that they're very carb-heavy and I don't want to get diabetes. I stumbled across both vegan ranch and vegetarian buffalo wings on Pinterest and decided to combine them and give them a try!

Vegan Ranch

The Vegan Ranch Dressing by Girl Makes Food is delicious! It is more filling than regular ranch, but that's fine. We like to add some fresh, toasted garlic to it since we love garlic. I also add a little black olive juice for that je ne sais quoi taste in normal ranch. It is extremely good- I recommend stopping over to the page and checking out the recipe!

Spicy Buffalo Cauliflower Bites

The Spicy Buffalo Cauliflower Bites by Skinny Taste are also amazing. They're crispy on the outside and soft on the inside. Their flavor is delicious. You may say, "but the recipe isn't vegan and you promised vegan." You can replace the butter with vegan butter. You can also google how to make vegan butter. I thought about making vegan butter, but decided against it when I saw it was made from soy (soy is an estrogenic, so for me it's no better than the butter anyway.) So we did cheat a little, with 1 tablespoon of butter that day, but you don't have to.

Together, these recipes make for an amazing snack! I instantly fell in love with them. My husband is a buffalo wing freak, so he's thrilled that he can have them even on the vegan days. I actually like it better than real buffalo wings because I don't have to worry about the bones and icky veins. The avocado ranch makes it filling enough for a meal. I highly recommend both- especially together!


Vegan Buffalo Bites and Ranch

More Pinterest Food Reviews 
Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment